Petite Potato Piles – Creamy Thyme!
Right before I plunged into bringing you this year’s Red Carpet Menu, I promised you a second version of Potato Piles so here you are! We’re using thyme with cream. It’s really simple and really flavorful.
• 2 tbsp butter
• 3 small potatoes
• 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
1) Lightly butter cups of a muffin tin.
2) Wash and cut the potato into thin slices.
3) Place 2 slices in each cup and season with salt, pepper and some fresh thyme. Add another layer and do the same until you’re at the top of the cup. Pour a tablespoon of heavy cream over each and top with more thyme. Repeat for each cup.
4) Bake at 400° until they’re golden brown and tender, about 30-35 minutes. Use a spoon to lift them out. When you remove them from the pan, you might have to run a knife around the sides if they’re sticking.
Such a delicious and elegant side dish! Pair it with roast chicken, pork or lollipop lamb chops would be lovely too. You’re going to love them!
BethieMarch 3, 2016 at 2:56p
Wow. Looks so good and easy to make. What not to love? Potato, butter, cream, fresh thyme. Will try making this one Nette. Thanks.
Dishin' The DishMarch 7, 2016 at 2:56p
It is!!! Let me know how it turns out!!
Annette ZitoFebruary 22, 2017 at 2:56p
Bethie!!!! Hope you did and they were GOOOOD! xx
Comments are closed.