Petite Potato Piles – Creamy Thyme!
Right before I plunged into bringing you this year’s Red Carpet Menu, I promised you a second version of Potato Piles so here you are! We’re using thyme with cream. It’s really simple and really flavorful.
• 2 tbsp butter
• 3 small potatoes
• 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
1) Lightly butter cups of a muffin tin.
2) Wash and cut the potato into thin slices.
3) Place 2 slices in each cup and season with salt, pepper and some fresh thyme. Add another layer and do the same until you’re at the top of the cup. Pour a tablespoon of heavy cream over each and top with more thyme. Repeat for each cup.
4) Bake at 400° until they’re golden brown and tender, about 30-35 minutes. Use a spoon to lift them out. When you remove them from the pan, you might have to run a knife around the sides if they’re sticking.
Such a delicious and elegant side dish! Pair it with roast chicken, pork or lollipop lamb chops would be lovely too. You’re going to love them!