Quinoa Tabbouleh – 2021 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®!
It’s the 2021 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®! For Minari, it’s Mintari!
It’s a Spring Garden Party kind of year! Our menu theme this year is perfect for these late April Academy Awards. I’m going for a “set it and forget it” table. This salad couldn’t be better for this.
Minari is so hopeful… and then not… then ends a bit beaten but newly hopeful. It’s a beautiful film. S
o many dynamics… the family, the town, the circumstances, the farm. The relations
hip between the little boy and the grandmother really stands out. Her character is wonderful.
It seemed a natural to make a salad from Minari but I was at a loss until I learned what Minari is – Japanese Parsley! Groovy! Fresh flat-leaf parsley is a great lead ingredient. Then “mint” jumped out at me from the title. Great! Mint and parsley salad… can add this or that but not really sure…
And then I had a chat with my friend Linda Cherepow. I said mint and parsley, she said “tabbouleh”. Bingo!!! I love tabbouleh so making my own version was a great idea.
Being a quinoa fan, I opted for it instead of the traditional bulgur. The best part about this salad is that you can make it way ahead of time and just pull it out of the fridge when you’re ready for it! Oh yeah.
Another fresh and bright course to this year’s menu. It’s light and has zing. It completes our savory selections… and now it’s on to desserts!
- Small bowl
- Large Bowl
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup hothouse cucumber, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk garlic, salt, pepper, oil, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, parsley, and half the mint. Pour dressing over the salad and toss. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge, mx in remaining mint, and serve.