Fresh Tomato & Mozzarella Pasta!
This is the perfect summer pasta dish. And after the workout my friend Stefanie Sanabria “made” me do, I really earned it! Ha! Her passion for working out has rubbed off on me so much so that I’m taking a great hiking vacation! She’s been helping me get ready to hit the trails.
She said that having some carbs after a workout is really smart so this fresh and fabulous dish was the perfect option. And the best part is, besides making the pasta, there’s no cooking! Almost all the ingredients marinate in a bowl for an hour and then the hot pasta makes the magic! Woo hoo!
• 4-5 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
• 8 oz. mozzarella, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup red onion, diced
• 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 lb penne pasta
• 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
1) Add tomatoes and mozzarella to a large bowl. Add the garlic, onion, basil, salt & pepper, then the olive oil. Mix well. Let sit for about an hour.
2) Cook pasta according to package instructions after the hour’s up and drain.
3) Pour the tomato mixture into the hot pasta and mix well. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese!
That truly couldn’t be more simple. The fresh tomatoes and basil… the zing of the garlic and red onion… that creamy, pully mozzarella with the dash of sharp romano cheese to finish it off… YUM! You’re going to love it!