Cod Fish Salad in Endive – 2022 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®!
It’s the 2022 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®! For CODA, it’s COD-A!
It’s time to chic-out with this year’s theme of Mid-Century Dinner Party! Maybe a touch of a Mad Men vibe… late ’50’s… early ’60’s. FUN!
I’m not going to bury the lead. LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS from the moment I saw it! It was the 2021 At-home Sundance Film Festival. My mother and I decided to hunker down and watch 20 movies! She came to stay with me (we only lived 20 minutes apart and my father was annoyed she wasn’t going to go back and forth – comedy) and we had the very best of times. Some movies were meh… some were thought-provoking… some weren’t very good. But CODA… we instantly ADORED it and both thought it would go all the way to Oscar gold. AND IT DID!!!!! It was the first film in Sundance Film Festival history to win all top prizes in the US Dramatic Competition category! Can we pick ’em or can we pick ’em! I am SO GRATEFUL for that week with her. Unfortunately tragedy struck later that year and she didn’t get to see CODA’s epic win in these Oscars… but then again… maybe she had something to do with all the votes getting it right! Ha! Gotta love a little magic!
It is the most wonderful movie on so many levels. The talent… the daughter’s unique circumstances and perspective… the cheekiness and full heart-warming essence of it that is never saccharine. If you haven’t seen it, GET ON THAT!
Creating this dish was a no-brainer. IT’S IN THE TITLE!!!! And that the family has a fishing boat… it couldn’t be more perfect. This dish is a snap to make. It’s fresh, bright, and something you want to eat as you sail across the water on a warm summer day – or wherever you might be. And it has it’s own “spoon” – haahahaha!
Cod Fish Salad in Endive
- 1 lb cod fillet
- 2 tsp shallot minced
- 3-4 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 lemons 2 tbsp zest, 3-4 slices, wedges for platter
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs dill
- 3-4 heads endive washed & trimmed
- Place fish in a microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tbsp lemon zest, salt & pepper. Spoon 4 tsp oil over fish and top with shallots, dill, and lemon slices.
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Let sit for 1 minute before removing from oven.
- Place cooked fish with shallots and juices into a medium bowl and flake the fish. Add a bit more dill, oil, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Spoon fish into endive leaves. Garnish with dill and lemon.