Cinco NO Mayo – 5 Ingredient Avocado “Mayo”!
It’s time for Cinco de Mayo! Last year I made a delicious traditional Mexican dessert, Capirotada. YUM! This year it’s time to celebrate with avocados!
Avocados are native to South Central Mexico. Did you know botanically, they are a berry? Berry interesting! Ha! Another name for them is “alligator pear” due to their skin’s rough texture.
They’ve become more and more popular which suits me just fine. I LOVE them! So why not use them as a mayonnaise replacement. Why not, indeed!
• 1 ripe avocado, cut in half
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1) Scoop out avocado into a food processor or blender.
2) Add lemon, salt, & pepper. Puree.
3) Add olive oil little by little until well incorporated and creamy. Enjoy!
One, two, three – fresh avocado spread. It’s so good you can eat it with a spoon! Use it in any sandwich, in a salad, as a dip for crudité, or over scrambled eggs! It stays fresh for a couple of days in the fridge but I doubt it will last that long.