Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!!
It’s easy to get into cooking ruts and lately, I’ve broken free and have really been enjoying cooking things that are not my usual flavor profiles. I hope you’re following along!!
In the past, I’d been “intimidated” by ingredients that aren’t as familiar, leaning on the go-to olive oil (which is fabulous) and probably skewing towards Italian-esque dishes based on my comfort level (except when it’s Oscar® season). But that’s over! I’m reinvigorated bringing so many new spices, oils, and items to the usual mix.
Today’s dish is something I first had at the chain restaurant, P.F. Chang’s – such flavorful chicken wrapped in lettuce! Diet food – hahahaha! And even more so if it’s created at home where every ingredient is in my control… hmmmmm….
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 cup red onion, chopped
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and minced
• 1 bunch scallions, chopped
• 1/2 cup bean sprouts
• 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
• 3 tbsp organic tamari soy sauce
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
• 2 limes, juiced
• 1 head soft leaf lettuce
1) In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and red onion. Sauté until soft. Add chicken and brown. Mix in the garlic and pepper. Toss in the scallions, bean sprouts, and water chestnuts. Stir.
2) Turn off the heat and pour in the soy sauce and stir. Mix in the cilantro and mint. Add the lime juice and mix well. Set aside.
3) Remove and wash lettuce leaves. Spoon mixture into leaves, roll, and enjoy!
There’s a bunch of ingredients but they work together so well. You are going to adore this recipe. Really fresh and bright flavors, a good amount of crunch thanks to the water chestnuts, and overall, really good for you!!! When it tastes this good that’s a super bonus!
Paris SWAT teamMay 1, 2016 at 2:56p
I continued analysis work as an adult, becoming the chairman of a
laboratory for over 8 years, and was a professional thought-leader
in the nutritional and whole food supplement industry for over
24 years. The student at the front of the line has the fly swatter.
If the escapees reach the safe zone before capture, they win. If you have lots of
animals in an enclosure, you can direct animal keepers to refill the
food troughs more often. Each correct answer of the game adds more rice to the student’s rice bowl.
Fastest Way to Level Up Spartan Step 5: Show Off in the Campaign.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!! | Dishin’ the DishApril 21, 2016 at 2:56p
[…] Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!! […]
Comments are closed.