Angry Artichoke Dip – 2020 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®!
It’s the 2020 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®! For Joker, it’s Choker!
The first thing to know is that I broke 2 fingers (right ring and pinky fingers – glad I’m a proud lefty!) a few days after shooting all the dishes so video production is delayed. I’ll insert them as I go. But you’ll see these recipes are fabulously simple! Now let’s get to it!
What a compelling movie! I can’t get over Joaquin Phoenix’s performance. The accolades he’s receiving are well-deserved. It’s not a “super hero anti-hero” movie. It’s a human story of the journey of a mind, kindness, deceit, and metamorphosis. Wow!
This character had many layers that resulted in some angry behavior. The spice isn’t overwhelming but more subtle, as his frustrations also are more subtle, albeit building as it goes. And there you have the rationale for this dish! That his name was Arthur… Arti… only occurred to me after I chose the dish! Ha!
To double back to the UK cuisine theme, you’ve got to enjoy this dip on lovely “hard tack” British water biscuits. And do the Brits love artichokes? Oh yes, of the globe variety! It’s a fabulous appetizer for a fabulous movie. Yeah!
- • 2 - 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- • 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- • 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- • 1-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- • 1 tsp cumin
- • salt & pepper to taste
- • water biscuits
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly into a greased baking dish and bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until it’s golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with water biscuits.