Anginettes Are Awesome!
We’ve talked about them before but when I made them with my fabulous friend Terry Dagrosa of SeductionMeals.com recently in gorgeous Woodstock NY, I thought it was time to reintroduce them to you and give you a “show and tell” on them.
I do love these cookies and if you didn’t make them before, now’s the time! As I’ve said before, they’re the perfect blend of crumbly, cakey, sweet, tart, smooth cookie delight.
• 6 tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 3 large eggs
• 2-2.5 cups flour
• 1 pinch salt
• 6 tsp baking powder
• 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
• 3-4 tbsp milk
• 2-3 tsp lemon juice
1) Cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla. Add eggs, flour, salt, baking powder & mix. The dough will be “thick”.
2) Spoon 1/2 teaspoon-size of dough per cookie onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool fully.
3) Mix confectioner’s sugar, milk, and lemon juice in a bowl. Taste to see if it’s tart or sweet enough for you and adjust.
4) Holding the bottom edge of the cookie, generously dip it top-first into the bowl then place on wax paper to dry.
The best part of this cookie is its not “too sweet” – the icing perfectly balances the flavor. I apologize in advance for your new cookie obsession! Haha!