Roasted Sesame Asparagus – 2020 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®!
It’s the 2020 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®! For Parasite, it’s AsParasite!
Joe Becwar is back for another delectable dish. AZ created, JB approved!
I know people are curious how a foreign film can transcend it’s category and be up for Best Picture. The simple answer is… excellence. Parasite has it all… plot, acting, direction, and a crazy twist!
Fresh asparagus are a fav of the UK and using the decidedly Asian flavoring of toasted sesame oil gives it unexpected flavor, like this unexpected story. I won’t give it away, but the spears are very specifically selected as well. And the mercaptan in asparagus breaks down in such a way as to give it a… ummmm… parasite-ish effect! Heh heh.
The simplicity of this dish, packed with flavor, color, and brightness creates a memorable version of the classic roasted asparagus.
Roasted Sesame Asparagus
- 2 bunches large asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced very thinly
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Toss asparagus spears in a wide bowl with garlic, salt & pepper, oil, and vinegar.
- Arrange mixture in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle on sesame seeds. Roast at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until softened and browned. Serve hot.