“Cacc” of the Day! Chicken Cacciatore!
It’s been a whirlwind since the release of KitchAnnette™ Red Carpet Menus. And now that it’s Spring, JUICE THIS™ has been reinvigorated! Suffice to say, things are busy. But dinner still has to be made!
Here’s one of the greatest dishes that is so easy and truly comes together in less than an hour… so good! Chicken Cacciatore. This was probably the first recipe I ever asked my grandmother for. I still use the strip of paper I scratched it onto as she spoke. Nanny was very “matter of fact” about her cooking. She told you what to do with the air of telling you how to breathe – that infused confidence that it’s “that easy” and she was always right!
How easy is that? VERY! How delicious is that? BEYOND!!
Being busy is no excuse to deny yourself a fabulous meal. And when it’s as simple this, you have to do it!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (drumsticks, thighs, breasts)
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- fresh or dried parsley to taste
- red pepper chili flakes to taste (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb spaghettini, angel hair, or spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Drizzle olive oil in deep pot. On medium heat, brown chicken pieces and put aside.
- Add onions to the pot and cook until translucent.
- Place the chicken back in the pot with chicken broth, wine, parsley, red pepper, salt & pepper. Simmer for about 45-50 minutes.
- When the chicken's almost done, make the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add to the chicken pot. Stir and plate, sprinkling with grated cheese and enjoy!
If you'd prefer to omit the wine, just replace with more chicken broth.